中华文化的博大精深展现在细腻的叠词使用上,例如“寻寻觅觅,冷冷清清,凄凄惨惨戚戚。”这种富有诗意的表达让人感受到别样的美感。
那么,在英语中也有类似的“叠词”,它们常见于日常对话中,赋予语言生动的色彩。下面我们来一探究竟,了解几种地道的英语叠词吧!
1. blah blah
表示无聊的唠叨或话语
Oh blah blah blah - I've heard it all before!
哇啦哇啦说了一堆——全都是老生常谈!
2. drip-drip
用来形容细微的雨水声或缓慢发生的不利事件
the drip-drip of bad news
一点点传来的坏消息。
a steady drip-drip from the branches of the trees.
树枝上的水滴声。
Small independently-owned shops are disappearing with the steady drip, drip, drip.
个体小商店正渐渐消失。
3. chop-chop
表示催促或加快速度
Come on, chop-chop, we’re late!
快点,我们要迟到了!
Come on, chop-chop! Speed up.
来呀,赶紧点!加快速度!
4. goody-goody
形容伪善或过于乖巧的人
He’s a bit of a goody-goody.
他是个典型的老好人。
5. pooh-pooh
表示对某事物的不屑或蔑视
I think you might pooh-pooh this idea.
我觉得你可能会对这个主意嗤之以鼻。
6. fifty-fifty
意为平分或对半
Let’s divide the prize fifty-fifty.
我们将奖金平分吧。
Why don't we go fifty-fifty?
我们平分如何?
There’s a fifty-fifty chance you are right.
你有50%的可能性是对的。
7. hush-hush
形容保密或悄悄的事情
In the end he was forced to resign but it was all very hush-hush.
最后他被迫辞职,但这一切都是秘密进行的。
This matter is hush-hush.
这件事需要保密。
You don't want to hush-hush his scandal to me.
你别想对我隐瞒他的丑闻。
8. win-win
指双赢的局面
We are trying to establish a win-win relationship.
我们在努力建立双赢的关系。
Free trade is not always a win-win situation.
自由贸易并不总是双赢的局面。
9. no-no
表示禁忌或绝对不允许的事
In the United States, asking the age of a lady is a big no-no.
在美国,问女士年龄是绝对禁忌的。
We all know that cheating on our taxes is a no-no.
偷税漏税是绝对不可接受的。
10. so-so
意为马马虎虎,既不坏也不好的状态
Their lunch was only so-so.
他们的午餐不过如此。
Although you spoke highly of the film, I just feel it’s so-so.
尽管你大加赞赏这部影片,我还是觉得它一般。
11. go-go
形容活跃或迅速增长的状态
He’s a go-go person.
他是个非常活跃的人。
the go-go years of the early 21st century
21世纪初的繁荣岁月
12. dum-dum
You dum-dums!
你们这些傻瓜!
Oh, you're in trouble, dum-dum.
哦,你麻烦大了,傻瓜。
(来源:网络 编辑:yaning)
欢迎进入我们的打卡平台
除了每日音频,还有台词跟读课程哦!
You may also like
Aug19双语新闻:
101年后 RAF to allow beards
史上首次!
英新任首相在线答网友问